Monday, August 8, 2011

Why "Tychicus"?


I’ve struggled with the idea of a blog and even being personal when updating my facebook status. I’ve made comments like, “No one wants to know what you had for breakfast”, or “who cares which pizza topping best represents you!” And because so many people publish trivial facts and undesirable opinions I have had an arrogant and standoffish attitude toward blogging.
                On the other side of the table are the fear mongers who take joy in proclaiming the stories of frightening things people have done with the help of the internet. “Don’t share personal information!”
                All of this has kept me private and a non-contributor to the world of an online voice, until about a year ago when I led the Sr. High youth through a study of the book of Ephesians. Among many other wonderful things to be learned in that letter one thing stood out to me in a section at the end of the book. Right there in the middle of Paul’s salutation and prayer requests (a section in his letters I often blow past) he says, “So that you also may know how I am and what I am doing, Tychicus the beloved brother and faithful minister in the Lord will tell you everything. I have sent him to you for this very purpose, that you may know how we are, and that he may encourage your hearts.” (Eph. 6:21-22)These words stood out to me and radically challenged the way I had been thinking!
                That is what I aim to do here. I aim to share with you how we are doing so that you might be helped in praying for us and that your hearts might be encouraged as you watch how the Lord works on our behalf.

Soli Deo Gloria

Drew

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for creating this blog - and, once again, following the Spirit's leading. We pray for you, but this will allow us to pray more specifically as you share that which you are learning and how the Lord is growing you.

    ReplyDelete